Gulfport Probate Attorneys
Helping Clients Navigate the Probate Process
After a person passes away in the state of Florida, their assets and property must first go to probate court where it will be determined how and who it will be transferred to. Essentially, probate is the legal process that ensures the wishes of the deceased are respected and their financial affairs are settled.
HKH Elder Law is here to serve clients throughout Gulfport after a loved one has passed away so that all of the assets in the estate are transferred to the correct heirs and beneficiaries. We understand that the probate process in Florida can be very confusing. But with our trustworthy and efficient lawyers in your corner, you can feel confident that your best interests are protected as we guide you through those unknown paths.
Do All Estates Have to Go Through Probate?
If a person passes away with assets in their name or without a will or trust, then probate will be required. The following are examples of when loved ones of the deceased must go through the probate process:
- The person who passed away has a bank or investment account titled in their name alone.
- The person who passed away had life insurance but didn’t name any beneficiaries.
- The person who passed away owned a business but didn’t appoint a specific person to take over.
- The person who passed away owned a home but didn’t name anyone else on the title.
- A person holding assets for the deceased requests “court papers” to initiate the transfer.
The following are examples of assets that generally don’t require probate:
- Life insurance policies that name beneficiaries.
- Assets in a trust with a designated beneficiary.
- IRA’s with designated beneficiaries.
- Accounts set up with a joint tenancy with right of survivorship provision.
We Can Walk You Through Your Probate Case Today
At HKH Elder Law, we know that each of the clients we represent has their own unique case goals. Whether you need to resolve debts owed by an estate or a fierce legal advocate to help you contest a will, we can devise the customized legal strategy you need to get through this stressful time.
To speak to a probate lawyer at HKH Elder Law, please give us a call today at (727) 240-2350 to schedule your consultation.
“HKH Elder Law guided us through the complications patiently, and efficiently. The words that come to mind are professionalism, flexibility, people skills, integrity, and responsiveness. Great experience - highly recommend!”- Marcia F.
“Experts in their field. Very knowledgeable. Offer free zoom meetings that cover so many subjects including Medicare, Medicaid, will, estate planning.”Experts in their field. Very knowledgeable. Offer free zoom meetings that cover so many subjects inc”- Ursula R.
“She and her entire team truly care about their clients.”- Chelsie L.
We Are Client Focused & Results Driven
When You Hire Us, You Get The Whole Team
You Can Expect Fast Response Times